Shoreline Artists – this is your chance to be seen! The Guilford Poets Guild is hosting an art contest for the cover of its 20th Anniversary Anthology, to be published in 2019. The theme for the anthology is “Our Changing Environment” and artists are encouraged to submit images that fit the theme in its vast and varied interpretations (i.e. natural, world, national, local, personal).
All mediums will be considered. For reference, the printed Anthology book will measure 8″ x 8″ square. Images can be sized to fit or will be cropped to fit as needed.
DEADLINE: December 1, 2018
Please submit your image as a high-resolution JPG and email with your name, address, and a short 3-4 line bio to email@example.com.
The winner will be announced in February 2019.
Please join the Guilford Poets Guild for its October Second Thursday Poetry Series reading featuring Julia Morris Paul, Manchester’s Poet Laureate, on Thursday, October 11from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Guilford Free Library.
Julia Morris Paul is Manchester, Connecticut’s first Poet Laureate. She is president of the Riverwood Poetry Series Board of Directors, serves on the boards of the Connecticut Poetry Society and the Connecticut Coalition of Poets Laureate. In addition to publication in numerous literary journals, both national and international, including anthologies, several of her poems have been performed in stage productions. Her first book, Shook, is published by Grayson Books. She is an elder law attorney.
Upcoming poets in the Guilford Poets Guild’s Second Thursday Poetry Series GPG Trio: Juliana Harris, Jane Muir & Gordy Whiteman (November 8), and a Holiday Roundtable featuring Dr. Seuss (December 13). For more information, visit guilfordpoetsguild.org.
Remember to bring your own poem to share during the Open Mic which is open to accomplished and aspiring poets of all ages wishing to present one original composition to a live audience.
The Guilford Free Library is located at 67 Park Street in Guilford. This program is free and open to all. Refreshments will be served. Please register by phone, in person, or online (203) 453-8282, guilfordfreelibrary.org.
Submissions are still being accepted for the Guilford Poets Guild 20th Anniversary Anthology to be published in the fall of 2019. The theme for the anthology is “Our Changing Environment” and is open to vast and varied interpretations (i.e. natural, world, national, local, personal). Poets of all ages are invited to submit poems based on the Submission Guidelines listed below. The deadline for submissions is September 15, 2018.
• CLICK HERE for more information about the 20th Anniversary Anthology
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2018
- The theme of the poems should be on the subject “Our Changing Environment” which can be broadly interpreted to cover natural, world, national, local or personal subjects.
- Poets may submit up to 3 poems, of a length no more than approximately 75 lines each including title and blank lines.Please submit one text file with your poems (Word, PDF, RTF are acceptable formats); the file name should include your first and last name (i.e. JaneDoe-Poems.doc)
- Do not include your name or contact information on the individual poems.
- In the body of your email include your name, address, and email address, the titles of your submissions, as well as a 3-4 line bio which, if your poem(s) is accepted, will be included in the anthology.
Email submissions (or questions) to the Guilford Poets Guild at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected poems will be notified by January 2019.
(While we prefer to receive poems by email, submissions may also be sent to Guilford Poets Guild, 395 Nut Plains Road, Guilford, CT 06437.)